Channel: Home | About

In addition to the others previously listed, I have added several more films that fall into the "must see" category. Here's the list... (This post is rough. It will be polished /ea)

The Island - Hmmm... a film about an island that doesn't exist... Hmmmm. Still, looks like lots of fun. Pithy review to follow... Update: July 30, 2005.
Had my doubts about this one, but as it turned out this was one
Fantastic movie. It was very reminiscent of Logan's Run, but much cooler, and a story, surprisingly, with few holes. there were times, especially during the big freeway chase where I actually flinched, repeatedly! Loved it! Definitely on my DVD purchase list.

Night Watch - can you say, "Constantine meets The Matrix on crack? It looks awfully twisted, if not thought-provoking [righhhht]. Pithy Review to follow... 7/29/05

Stealth - Jamie Foxx, lots of Hi-Tech, a babe... looks worth the price of admission. Pithy Review to follow... UPDATE: July 30, 2005
I've chosen, for now, to not see this. The reviews are all very consistently bad, and while that has rarely deterred me in the past, after seeing "The Island" I didn't want the possibility of a mediocre film detracting from a great one. If it's still in theaters 2 weeks from now, I may give it a go.


Mirrormask - This looks... WOW!!! Go figure, it's Jim Henson Studios. Pithy Review to follow... 9/30/05

Aeon Flux - Loved the Liquid Television shorts, the MTV series. This, I know, will never match up, but it's Charlize Theron, and that alone is enough for me to give it a go. Besides, she won anacademy award for "Monster" didn't she? 'nuff said. Pithy Review to follow... 12/02/05

0 Comments:

Post a Comment