Channel: Home | About

According to a bizarre little quiz at QuizFarm.com I am a Postmodernist...

"Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis."

I find the quiz troubling overall, and its results less than reliable in light of the fact that I firmly believe in absolute truth. Nor do I see the universe as yada, yada, yada... Language is to be interpreted, yes, but not the universe. The universe-- like truth --is absolute.

I don't know whether to be happy with this exercise or not, but here are the official results of my test. [sorry, no peaking at my answers...]


Postmodernist


69%

Cultural Creative


56%

Fundamentalist


31%

Modernist


25%

Materialist


19%

Existentialist


13%

Idealist


13%

Romanticist


6%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment