Channel: Home | About















Say goodnight to Gilligan, everyone....
Bob Denver has died at the age of 70.

It's sad for me to think of Gilligan/Denver gone from us. He was one of those celebrities you expect to remain forever young, to always be with us. His body gave out, but everything I've seen & read over the years tell's me he was always young at heart. As trite as that may sound, it is nonetheless true. We should all strive to remain young in our hearts. It is when we allow them to age with us that we become old men and women... that we truly lose ourselves to age.

God rest his soul. My condolences to his family and loved ones.

Does anyone remember "Dusty's Trail", the Gilligan's Island clone he starred in? There was a skipper, a second mate, a professor, actress, millionaire couple and a farm girl, but on a wagon train heading west. Oh, and they were lost. Looking back, I'm thinking... "Hello! Sun rises in the east, sun sets in the west, what part of this do you people not get?" What I remember most of Dusty's Trail however, was a lot of fun. I was much younger then.

I'd really love to see "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" on DVD. I totally dug Maynard G. Krebs, man, Dobie's lovable beatnik buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment