Channel: Home | About

Wheel of Time, No. 11

I've finished my second reading of Robert Jordan's "Knife of Dreams," book 11, and the latest volume in his proposed 12 volume series, "The Wheel of Time."

Tolkien created the genre-- or rather, crystallized it, giving it a recognizable form and direction. But Jordan has, with this series, established himself as heir-apparent to the Master's legacy.

Sometimes I wish I was a slow reader-- in truth, I'm slower than most I know, but even though it took me just 7 days to read a 750 page tome, twice, I'm now left with the realization that I will have to wait-- at bare minimum --30 months for the last and supposedly final book in this series. In Mr. Jordan's own words...

"...Even if it takes 1,500 pages to finish it."
A big book to be sure, though I suspect Jordon's final volume will be a less tiresome read than Victor Hugo's unabridged Le Miserable, which is a mere 36 pages shy of that mark!

Remember back in the sixties seeing the phrase "Frodo Lives!" scrawled in the oddest places? I can see it now, in the most unexpected places...

Rand al'Thor Lives!

If you're missing this series, you're missing out.

Every journey begins at the beginning...
Start with "The Eye of the World"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment