Channel: Home | About

Being a fan of Enya, I keep hoping each time she releases a new work that it will match Watermark or Shepherd Moons but they never do. That's not to say her CD's since haven't been exceptional... they're just not Watermark's or Shepherd Moons. It's a bit like comparing Abbey Road to Revolver, they're both excellent, but not the same.

And so Amarantine is different. I guess I'm still hoping for reprises of Cursum Perficio, and Afer Ventus. Instead she gives us Less Than a Pearl and Long Long Journey; two wonderfully satisfying songs that only hint at what lies beyond.

Unlike The Beatles, Floyd, and many many others, Enya changes little if at all in Amarantine, and I find that warmly comforting.

I'd buy it again if someone ripped it off. That alone should say something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment