Channel: Home | About

In Opposition III...

"Religion is a set of rules and laws that a follower follows to the best of his ability in the belief that it will grant him a reward in some form whether in this life or the after."
--Abd ul-Rahman Hilmi


"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
--Hebrews 11:1


Abd ul-Rahman Hilmi speaks truthfully about religion. Religion is a set of rules practitioners follow to make themselves worthy of their god. But religion is not faith.

Faith is sure unshakeable belief. It is more than mere knowledge. One can look at a chair and know it will hold his weight, but Faith is the act of sitting; placing full reliance upon the chair to hold him up.

Religion says: "This is what I must do to get God to give me good things"

Faith says: "I believe God desires to give me good things, so I will put my trust in Him.

Religion is the stinging whip of a cruel task master.

Faith is patient perseverance beneath the weight of every blow.

Religion esteems self-righteousness.

Faith esteems God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment