Channel: Home | About

Pocket Full of Mumbles, taken from the Simon and Garfunkel tune, The Boxer-- a song with significant meaning to me --began as a way to do something with all the scraps of paper that ended up on my desk at the end of the day. You see, I'm in the habit of writing things down... Things that grab my attention: a bumper sticker, the name of a song on the radio, doodles, poetry, web addresses, and all manner of clutter ended up, at the end of the day, literally littering my dresser and desk. I thought this would be a good way to get rid of the clutter in my room. It hasn't turned out that way.

The clutter you see is in my head... Hmmm, and that reminds me of another tune... I couldn't get rid of it if I tried. Or wanted.

I blogged what I thought were the more profound moments of Hurricane Dennis-- July 10, 2005. I even swore I wouldn't get political here. Ha!

Ah... The good ole days.... When I still used the "here's more" link. Nowadays, I don't use the span class="fullpost" tag anymore, though I think I may go back to it. Check out July of last year and you'll see exactly how things have changed, look and content-wise. This can only mean one of two things... I have either Evolved, or DEvolved as a blogger-- But I'm not the one to make that determination.

I've put a lot of myself into this blog. More than I should have, and not enough to truly satisfy me... My pockets are still full. More so since my focus has shifted and the posts have grown longer-- folded paper crammed into the breast pocket of a shirt makes more of a bulge than the original slips that once hid discreetly therein.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment