Channel: Home | About

Test Results -- Update

Results of my Stress Test w/Cardiolite shows no problems. Everything's normal. So it's not my heart. I had pretty much figured this out on my own. Still, it's kinda scary-- and I'm not tryin' to scare the kiddies here --when you think your heart's about to stop on you, and you're in the emergency room hooked up to all kinds of monitors, especially when they have to shave yer chest... Two weeks after the stress test and it's finally beginning to itch, and how. I've been through this before, and if memory serves me correctly, there's another 3 weeks to go.

The evidence continues to mount and its beginning to point to the GI, Gall Bladder, or Stomach, or a combination of the three. I wouldn't be surprised if the diabetes med is beginning to poison my liver-- I'm becoming increasingly naturopathic in my approach to healing the body, and I hate taking anything chemical... even aspirin.

I am taking about $200 worth of vitamins/minerals/suppliments a month, just to give my body everything it needs to heal itself. In another 2 months I'll begin trying to wean myself off the diabetes med. I've already stopped taking the high blood pressure med, with no discernable rise in blood pressure... which is great news; it gives me hope for the diabetes med.

I am waiting 3 months before weaning myself off my one remaining med while also cutting out as much white flour, overly sweet fruit, sugars, and high carb foods to give the pancreas a rest... allow it time to re-boot, if you will. The proof will be in the pudding come September.

Remember: Diabetes is NOT incurable. But it does take gobs of effort to get off medication. GOBS.

My ultimate goal is not to go back to my old eating habits and lifestyle, but rather, to be able to visit mom at Christmas and enjoy a slice of carrot cake without becoming hyperglycemic. The same for my birthday.... Mmmmm German CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!

At some point in the future I will become an on-again, off-again Vegan. The idea of NEVER eating another steak, or a spicy tuna roll again is beyond my comprehension.

So. That's that. Pray for me if you will. And if you won't, that's okay too-- I won't think the worse of you.

Thanks for reading.

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Better stay off the blogs if you want to keep that blood pressure down. :-)
    Anonymous said...
    Truer words were never spoken. Thanks
    Anonymous said...
    Please, EL, don't use the word "vegan"! Please....have you no respect for yourself, friend?

    LOL!

    I'm glad you're not getting ready to cash in just yet.
    Anonymous said...
    D-- I did say "on again, off again" to imply it would never be a case of full-blown Vegan.
    Anonymous said...
    No steak? Now *that* would be a test of faith for this son of a cattle raiser! Yikes. I can't imagine.

    One of my proudest mementos is a letter from a PETA animal rights doofus who griped about something laudatory to the cattle bidness I wrote for a Texas paper.
    Anonymous said...
    What's wrong with PETA???

    Doesn't that stand for "People Eating Tasty Animals"?
    Anonymous said...
    A friend of my wife gave us a cooler-full of venison last week! I experimented and made some AWESOME vevison meat-balls with milk-gravy two nights ago. Tasty, Tasty, Tasy!

    Can I join that club, Ms. Green? LOL!

Post a Comment