Channel: Home | About

Test Results:

Holter Monitor Normal
Stress Test w/Cardiolite Normal

So Dr. Johnson was right, and my problems are not heart related. Which means it's something else, which also means my first trip to the emergency room 2 years ago was likely the result of something other than my heart. I do recall the exact same symptoms-- Discomforting flutter in the chest area, Upset stomach, Diarrhea... This also means the Heart Catheter was unnecessary. All the thousands of dollars spent on bills and tests was a waste of resources, to say nothing of effort and worry. But then, now that I think about it, it's nice to know my ticker is just fine. And it was good to know I was diabetic and hypertensive. My hypertension, however, has since been corrected.

Where to now? As in my previous posts, the next step is to look at the GI tract, and stomach, Which means more money, and more doctors. And did I mention more money?

The consolation in all this is I've learned a lot about myself in the last two years. At 2 months shy of 46, and despite my weight, I'm in fairly good health. I've discovered to problems; one of which has been fixed, and the other not far behind. And if nothing else, I've been forced to take more responsibility for my health-- An issue I all but ignored until 2 years ago.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Diet, diet, diet. By which I mean nutrition. Seriously.



    J
    Anonymous said...
    Ever hear of that "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" guy? I'm saturated with 90 essential nutrients. In another two months I'll attempt to wean myself off of the diabetes med. The ultimate goal has always been to correct the problems that caused the diabetes in the first place. Diabetes is quite cureable.

Post a Comment