Channel: Home | About

                 Makoto "Mako" Iwamatsu
                             1933 - 2006

The first film I recall seeing Mako in was Conan the Barbarian. Since that time, 24 years ago, I've seen him in so many different things I can't begin to list them, and won't try. What I remember most was a Chuck Norris film he was in called Sidekicks playing the wise old karate master for a troubled youth, who as it turns out, was troubled in real life, committing suicide just 3 years ago... Jonathan Brandis.

One of Mako's last roles was in last years Memoirs of a Geisha. I've wanted to see this film but haven't found the time. The book was an excellent read. I'll have to rent it sometime soon.

May God be with you. May He grant you peace.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    A long life! God bless.

Post a Comment