Channel: Home | About

Eric the Facist

It is incredibly hurtful to know that someone believes I am a fanatic; no better than Islamic fascists. Why should it be made so suddenly clear to me, now, that those I would like to call 'friend' instead call me facist? Because I believe abortion is murder and would welcome a society where women were required to carry children to full term? Because I would welcome a society in which women would not find such a requirement burdensome? Because I would choose to live in a society where fetuses are not inhuman lumps of child-shaped flesh, only leaping the evolutional chasm to become human children at birth?

What of my accusers hypocrisy? In God We Trust should be removed from our money. Religion should be excluded from the public square-- specifically Christianity. The Bible should be kept as far away from public schools as possible. What about the dogma of hypocrisy practiced by the athiest, or merely agnostic?

I am a fanatic and fascist because I believe in God and Jesus. Yet my accuser is enlightened and reasoned because he believes in nothing. The nothingness he worships is every bit as much a god to him as God almighty is to me. His idols are dead stone and wood, the elements and nature, where my Lord is a figment of my fevered imagination.

I have failed miserably with this man. I have shared the gospel, but my testimony has been unremarkable. And the more I strive with this man the less likely it seems he's willing to listen, let alone believe.

While it is true that I am not commanded to convert anyone-- merely share the gospel and compel --I have failed nonetheless in that my light has burned dim and uninviting. I pray God will open his eyes despite my failure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment