Channel: Home | About

...go out to Sen. Joe Lieberman and Vice President Dick Cheney.

To Lieberman for standing on his principles:

"I have no desire to change parties. If that ever happens, it is because I feel the majority of Democrats have gone in a direction that I don't feel comfortable with... We will see how that plays out in the coming months."

--Speaking to the Politico about the Democrat's insane desire to pull funding, reinforcements, and materials for troops in Iraq.
The problem here however is Lieberman is a Senator, and the Senate, historically, has little sway over the House. It is possible that the Nancy may muzzle Murtha for the sake of keeping Reid in the drivers' seat, but imagine the payback for such a favor! Thing is, what House Democrats are trying to do is usurp the authority of the Executive Branch. The House cannot dictate to the President HOW to prosecute a war, and the conditions underwhich the Troops may engage the enemy. That is the sole pervue of the Commander in Chief. What the House CAN do is cut funding for the war effort, but they can't do that either... Not and maintain a democratic majority in Congress. These idiots have painted themselves into a serious corner.



To Cheney for not backing down and standing by the truth:

This from ABC News:

"My statement was that if we adopt the Pelosi policy, is that we will validate the strategy of al Qaeda," Cheney said. "I said it, and I meant it."

Cheney first made that allegation regarding Pelosi's call for a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq on Wednesday, prompting Pelosi to call the White House to ask President Bush to repudiate the comments.

Pelosi called Cheney's words "beneath the dignity of the debate we're engaged in and a disservice to our men and women in uniform, whom we all support."

But Cheney is holding firm on his original comments.

"I am not sure what part of it that Nancy disagreed with," Cheney told ABC News during an interview today in Sydney, Australia. "She accused me of questioning her patriotism. I didn't question her patriotism, I questioned her judgment."

Cheney said: "The point I made, and I'll make it again, is that al Qaeda functions on the basis that they think they can break our will. That's their fundamental underlying strategy, that if they can kill enough Americans or cause enough havoc, create enough chaos in Iraq, then we'll quit and go home."
How is it remotely possible that Pelosi, Murtha, Reid, et al, can claim to "Support" the troops while seeking to deny them the support they need to carry out their mission?

They can't. Not with "Real World" logic, that is. Cheney may be trying to be generous by not calling her patriotism into question, but I don't have to be so magnanimous. I question both her judgment AND her patriotism!

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Someone was kind enough to post two screeds against this and the next post.

    Here's an excerpt:

    "[EL clip this is you can't stand the public criticism]
    The fact that you see in your foes evil instead of disagreement shows a lack of human understanding. If you can't see how someone can look at the same data and arrive at a different conclusion than you, then you are a fanatic. I see this trait in both your political and spiritual views."



    ...I guess this means I can't stand public criticism.
    Anonymous said...
    I further find it amusing that my political and spiritual views are viewed as 'evil'. What justification is there for that, I wonder?
    Anonymous said...
    I would say you hit a nerve. Just like when a preacher steps on a sinners toes. You will hear a squeal.
    Anonymous said...
    Bent wonders if I believe half the country are traitors and should be executed as such according to the law.

    Half the country? No. Only those in the Senate and House (and the Media!) who actively seek an American defeat in Iraq... In a war we can certainly win.

    Execute? No. Relieved of all decision making responsibilities in regard to the war, as well as forfeiture of their public office? Absolutely.

    I'm not advocating death to anyone, but neither am I glossing over the Left's complete and utter contempt for the military. Anyone who provides aid and comfort to the enemy in time of war is certainly guilty of Contempt... And they're traitors to boot.

    They are cowards, and have no honor. They are to pitied for sure (removed from office even) but not executed.
    Anonymous said...
    "They are to pitied for sure (removed from office even) but not executed."

    Thank you for small things.

    I'll hold out hope that We, the People will choose not to embrace your point of view.

    God and a little bit of Reason willing.
    Anonymous said...
    Take Lieberman. We'' trade for Spector or Olympia Snow.

    Of course, I think the vice president is an absolute disgrace.
    Anonymous said...
    God and a little bit of Reason willing.> per Dan

    Yes, if you would only ask Him. :)

Post a Comment