Channel: Home | About

A Library of Pearls

George Santayana had somewhat to say about it, and I'll affirm that "History" not only has relevance to how we relate to the "Present," but to forget the past... well, you can see where I'm going.

Personally, I like studying history, and while I don't have a head for dates and places, I do for the written word-- mine included. I have a stack, and I mean a STACK, of interesting, full-of-relevance, documents spanning four centuries-- not including this newest still in its crib --and I've begun transfering them to a sub-blog; adjunct, or ancillary to this one. What relevance it has to this blog? who knows? But it's there if I need to draw from it, and it'll save time hunting the internet for a bit of information I KNOW I saw somewhere.

I'm only plugging it here because I will refer to "historical documents" from time to time, and I figure... why link to someone else when I can link to myself?

I will, from time to time, include articles from bloggers. WE ARE, after all, the NEW relevant voices. I will also, of course, link to the originals-- just as with my previous blog's "Library," I don't claim ownership of anything not written by me........ only safe storage.

Kobayashi Maru has the distinction of being the first blogger I've cataloged in my Library of Pearls.


3 Comments:

  1. Kobayashi Maru said...
    Awh shucks. Thanks, my friend. Good on ya' with the big task you've set before yourself.
    Eric said...
    I've been reading your work for three years now, and I could have chosen any number of articles you've written, but that one really struck a chord with me. Not just because I was listening the day Limbaugh was 'alleged' to have said what he said, but because the Modern Democrat has become increasingly, and disturbingly, fascist in its approach to political dialog. Many have become dishonest hypocrites at best.
    Al-Ozarka said...
    "Kobayashi Maru has the distinction of being the first blogger I've cataloged in my Library of Pearls. "

    That's what endears you to me, EL...your wisdom.

Post a Comment