Channel: Home | About

Pot & Kettle No. 491

I am swiftly becoming tired of those who decry my faith as shallow, hate-filled, and ignorant by those who display those very traits toward those with whom they disagree. Especially from those who display colossal ignorance themselves in 'rightly dividing' the word of truth-- Ms Green is right in this.

I have resolved myself to be civil even though these others do not care about civility. Sad for them, but I'm not going to be drawn in. I have decided I can both be civil AND earnestly contend for the faith. Jesus gave as good as he got from His detractors, and through it all remained pure; He was angry, yet sinned not. I can't at present do that. I will therefore be civil...

Let the dogs bark and bray in the street. Me? I choose not to be drawn in.


7 Comments:

  1. Mark said...
    There are none so blind as those who will not see. I suggest you shake the dust off, Eric. You are only casting pearls before swine.
    mom2 said...
    I say Amen to Mark. There are some that only God can deal with.
    Eric said...
    True, and thank you both, but please don't confuse 'tired' with 'giving in'.... ain't gonna happen.
    mom2 said...
    There you go! No way we can give in. The truth never changes and I am old enough and even though I get tired, I will not join up with this "new" stuff.
    Al-Ozarka said...
    Civility is in the eye of the beholder.

    Just because you speak truth to ignorance doesn't mean you are being uncivil.
    Ms.Green said...
    Remember that the Bible says the world is at emnity with God - and unless a person is being drawn by God's Holy Spirit at the time, they will reject Him and His own every time.

    What we have to do is be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's work and sense when someone is being drawn - that's when we should do our witnessing
    tugboatcapn said...
    I don't know, Lash...

    Lately I have been enjoying ripping into the occasional idiot.

    Civility is somewhat over rated.

    When you think about the fact that your opponent believes you to be too dense to understand the nuances of their brilliant points, I think that righteous indignation and sound rebuking of wrong-headed thinking is entirely appropriate...

Post a Comment