Channel: Home | About




I’m not asking for Government censorship or any other kind of censorship. I am asking whether a form of censorship already exists when the news that 40 million Americans receive each night is determined by a handful of men responsible only to their corporate employers and is filtered through a handful of commentators who admit to their own set of biases.

--Vice President Spiro Agnew
November 13, 1969



You can read the whole speech here


Also uttered by Spiro Agnew:

In the United States today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism.

--September 11, 1970, San Diego, CA


Man! How little things change!


2 Comments:

  1. Mark said...
    I often say, and I don't know if someone famous said it first or not:

    "The more things change, the more they remain the same."
    Mark said...
    OK, I googled the quote and found it does come from a famous person. At least somehwnat famous. I never heard of him. Alphonse Karr.

    I knew I wasnt that clever. But I really don't remember where I heard it first.

Post a Comment