Channel: Home | About

Pears and Solace

Since new years eve 2000 I've written what I call 'New Years Poems.' Typically they've been about war and death-- the muslin opaque, but this year something else arose from the mish-mash of ideas clamoring for an good airing... something more personal.


Pears and Solace

She fed me pear in the light dimmed doorway
And the savor of each dripping succulent
Mirrored the light in her eye ~ just as clear, just as sweet
Every moment a tenderness
And every kiss that followed, a testament

Nineteen years and no answer still
No secure mooring, no harbor yet home
And what would I give for a simple yes?

Will she feed me solace in the months to come
As nourishing as any dripping succulent
Fed and followed by testamental kisses ~ clear and sweet?
And every moment tender
A promissory vow ringed in gold

Nineteen years and no answer still
What I would not give for a simple yes


ELAshley
123107.114911.6


1 Comment:

  1. Al-Ozarka said...
    Happy New Year, EL!

    Reward is greater for those who wait, my friend! Wonderful verse!

Post a Comment