Channel: Home | About

...Hillary's done. I'm not quite ready to say "Stick a fork in 'er...", but with New Hampshire moving its primary up to within a week of Iowa, there's just not enough time for the inertia of Obama's bounce to degrade sufficiently for Hillary to make much of an impact.

On the other side of the coin-- and I know I'll anger some for saying it --Huckabee doesn't have much hope of winning New Hampshire, but it looks like he's got South Caroline and Florida pretty much in the bag-- again, assuming nothing changes dramatically.

The problem with Huckabee is he's no Conservative. Republican, yes, but not a Conservative. Should he win the nomination he will, for the most part, get the Conservative vote, but there will be a percentage [and I have no idea how to gauge it at this point] who choose NOT to vote for Huckabee: choosing instead to either NOT vote, or vote Democrat.

The very fact that the Teacher's Union has endorsed Huckabee is troubling. Why? Can you say, "Liberal Organization"? The Teacher's Union does not endorse conservatives! From all I've heard Huckabee does not support School Choice OR Home-schooling. Ron Paul, by far looks like a better candidate. As does Thompson. But neither of these two have much of a chance at the nomination.

The two big names to watch are Huckabee and McCain. Romney is not going to win, and neither is Giuliani, despite his obvious leadership skills.

But Boy-Howdy! if this isn't one of the most exciting elections in two decades!

Hillary? Toast. Not yet done, but toast nonetheless. Obama? Talk about wildcards! But I don't see him winning either.


6 Comments:

  1. Mark said...
    IMHO, I don't think Huckabee would be nearly as bad as Guiliani. The only thing I can see that makes Rudy a Conservative is his stance on National security. Other than that, I don't trust him. I do trust Thompson, but if I had my druthers, Hunter would be my choice for President.
    Neil said...
    I wish Hillary were done, but she won't give up that easily. She is even trying tears to win votes now!
    Dan Trabue said...
    I agree, especially after today (I suspect), that Hillary is most likely done.

    As are the whole lot of Republican candidates. I don't think there's a one of them that's electable at this point (short of some major screw up on the Dems part - which they've proven themselves capable of).

    The only two Republicans that are possibly electable in the fall I believe to be McCain and Guiliani - and the Republicans themselves will never allow them to be elected.

    The only other candidate I see that has much of a chance in the fall is Fred Thompson, but I doubt it.

    My opinion (especially at the end of the day today if Obama takes NH)? President Obama.
    Dan Trabue said...
    By the way, when I say "Hillary is done," I don't mean she'll drop out anytime soon. I suspect she'll dig in and get much more vindictive in her attack campaigning.

    I just mean she's going to be through as a legitimate candidate.
    Anonymous said...
    You know you have a Huckabee support graphic at the bottom of your sidebar? Once the nation starts looking at Huckabee's foriegn policy idiocy he'll done. George Bush has taught us all how important foreign policy knowledge is in a candidate. Just recently Huckabee said he didn't know what the president's daily briefing consisted of. All the national projected matchup polling shows Obama beating all the possible republican candidates. That's been consistent from the beginning.
    Eric said...
    Time and tide will tell.

Post a Comment