Channel: Home | About

Pithy Reviews:


The Dark Knight

A two and a half hour apologetic treatise in defense of George W. Bush's prosecution of the War on Terror. Great film. No... it was much much more than simply "great." It deserves every dollar it earns. And yes, Ledger's performance was, in my estimation, Oscar worthy.

If it's still in the theater the end of August, I'll see it again. And it's definitely on my list of DVD's to acquire.



The X-Files- "I Want to Believe"

If nothing else, it is a satisfying look into the future lives of Dana Scully and Fox Mulder. Tremendously satisfying. Aside from the voyeuristic delight of watching Scully and Mulder engaged in an intimate supportive relationship, there's the story itself... remember the episode where the guy grew his head back after submerging himself in a tub full of iodine? Mary Shelley and her hideous progeny would have been shocked by this film.

This movie will only be appreciated by X-Philes. If you're one of those who wants to believe, you may come away disappointed.

I would have seen this again had I the time and money. I will buy the DVD.

3 Comments:

  1. Marshal Art said...
    The fetching Mrs. Marshall Art saw X Files and liked it, but didn't rave. Haven't seen Batman yet. Will soon. Took my daughter to see Hellboy II while Ma and older sisters watched Sculley and Mulder. Good fun, that Hellboy. We laughed much. Today, (Sunday) the Mrs. celebrated her 11th 39th birthday and she, my daugher and I went to see the 3D Journey to the Center of the Earth. Also enjoyable.
    Anonymous said...
    I wanted to see The Dark Knight on an Imax screen while I was in Washington. The nearest screen showing it though was 20+ miles outside the city at Dulles Airport. So no joy. I did see the X-Files movie though.

    My though was that it very much seemed like an episode. With the exception of a few lake scenes the camera style and scene size seemed as if they would be more suited to television display rather than the theatre screen. The plot also seemed as if it could easily be broken up into a three-part series for television. I liked it, but it was not as epic as the first x-files movie.
    Erudite Redneck said...
    The X-Philes in the ER household liked the movie muchly. It *was* loike an extended episode, which was fine. And I thought the messed-up priest desperate repentence, and his concept of God's Godness, and his own not-Godness, was dead-on right in line with my own desperate repentence, and my concept of God's Godness, and my own not-Godness. Although the 25-2 on the mailbox was amusing gratuitous, or maybe gratuitously amusing. :-)

    Dans Scully is still One Hot Babe, too. :-)

Post a Comment