Channel: Home | About

..::UPDATED::..

J.C. Watson, our brother in Christ, dying of fourth stage cancer. He is currently in Critical Care. Prognosis is not good. Please pray specifically for healing, but pray also that God's will be done. Ask our Father to ease J.C.'s passing. Ask our Father for comfort for his wife Jackie, and their family. Our little church has not been the same without him.

Please pray also for Pepe. His little back is damaged-- degenerative disk disease, so the vet says. I saw the X-rays and the damage is clear if not truly extensive. He is in extreme pain nonetheless, and I love this dog more than I can possibly express here. Please pray for Pepe.

May God richly bless you all. Thank you.


Update: Friday, 8:00pm

Last night at 1am Pepe began screaming in pain. I called the vet and got their answering service. Another vet was on call and agreed to meet Cristal, Me and Pepe at a clinic across town. The price for her getting out of bed and seeing us was a $149 emergency fee.

Cristal and I were at the clinic by 1:30 and after a shot, and some diazapam for pain, and 3 syringes for home use we were all back at the house by 3:20, and $248 lighter. I called out at my day job, the flower shop, and tried to get some sleep. It's hard sleeping when someone you deeply care about is crying in pain.

Well, Pepe went into the kennel and that's where he's going to stay for the next two weeks. He hates it! He hisses at us. But he doesn't understand that just because he's cruising on pain medication doesn't mean he's healed. He doesn't understand that if he's not kept immobilized he will become paralyzed.

He's done well today, no crying or screaming, just near-constant sullen whining. I hope to get some sleep tonight. Let me tell you, giving this dog a shot is the hardest thing in the world for me. He cries and then looks at you accusingly... I hate doing that to him.

In other news, the Lord has blessed me with good friends online. VERY good friends. I'd elaborate, but for these folk, it's best not to let the left hand know what the right is doing. I appreciate you, and I praise God for you.

4 Comments:

  1. Erudite Redneck said...
    You got it, man.
    Dan Trabue said...
    You've had a hard week and I'm sorry for that. Your friends and loved ones are in my prayers.
    Marshal Art said...
    Consider it done.
    Erudite Redneck said...
    EL, I'm sorry. And I'm sendin' my own low-octane prayers up and out.

Post a Comment