Channel: Home | About

Tyranny of Surf - Part 6b
[Click HERE for a larger version]
Tyranny of Surf - Part 6b


Okay, I didn't like the plumeria. No... I love plumeria, I just didn't like the plumeria I added today. Up until this point everything I've done has been without the use of photographs except for the sand's texture-- that IS a photographic overlay. I'm going to have to create my own floral elements.

Some new changes have been added, however. Look closely at the lip of the wave. I added some spattering, both top and bottom.

While I was out to lunch [literally] Ben added a couple of tweaks to the script. They didn't look bad at all, but I did add my own tweaks to his addition. He added two adjustment layers: Color Balance, and Curves.

To the Color Balance AL I deleted the portion that adjusted the "surface" of the extruded script, and dropped the opacity to 70%. To the Curves AL I added another point on the curve line and warped the line to create a second steeper drop in the curve. This heightened the reds in sides and shadows of the extruded script. I wouldn't have thought of this had Ben not stuck his two-cents in, so hat tip to Ben. Without my adjustments to his, the text overall was too red. By removing that part of the AL that made the scripts surface "reddish" I've maintained the yellow feel of the lettering, and keeping the reds gives the script more of a "Golden" look.

Add another hour and a half. Total: 25 and 1/2 hours.

Still to do:

  • Some treatment to the Surfboard, utilizing the word "Tyranny".
  • Some floral, aloha shirt-styled pattern, also to the surfboard.
  • And of course, some plumeria, perhaps hibiscus.

I think I'm looking at a 60-70% completion in terms of time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment