Channel: Home | About

Spent four hours in Illustrator today, working on a tropical-floral vector shape to be used on the surfboard. I'm a novice on Illustrator so it's taking me longer to get this done than it would someone with far more experience-- it's looking pretty sharp nonetheless.

I do believe I'll be taking the time to reproduce plumeria in Illustrator as well. I have to do something to stay busy, and Illustrator is yet another program I need to be proficient in.

At some point this year I need to begin, in earnest, to learn Flash. There's money to be had in Flash.

Feed the BEE, Baby! Feed the BEE!




10 Comments:

  1. Mark said...
    Feed the bee?
    Mark said...
    Sometimes you are so obtuse.
    Eric said...
    It's an inside joke. Had you been on the inside you'd have gotten it.

    So, here's the story... I needed an "In/Out" box. My supervisor acquired one for me. The top box is bumble bee yellow, and the bottom box is dark, dark brown... It looks "bumble bee"-ish. Also, as a creative team, "Bee" stands for "Brenda" (the boss-lady, Eric (Not EL), and Eric (Most definitely EL). Without Brenda we would be a "Two Eric Production".

    Feed the bee simply means "give me something to do" --requests in the inbox completions in the out. Feed the Bee, Baby!
    Eric said...
    Also, what I did was alter a drawing from A. A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh. I changed the name over the door from "Mr. Sanders" to "Mr. Bee". I then drew a suitable looking bee and placed it in the picture, pointing its claw at Pooh Bear and crying, "Thief!"

    Don't ask me what sense that makes-- it doesn't. It was just fun, and fun doesn't always have to have purpose.
    Eric said...
    BTW. I'm up to twenty-eight hours on this project, spanning three and a half weeks.
    Mark said...
    And I still don't understand what it is.
    Eric said...
    Perhaps, then, you are the one who is obtuse, hmmm?

    ;)
    Mark said...
    Don't think so--just woefully ignorant of technology. What are you trying to accomplish and for what purpose?
    Eric said...
    Just sharpening and expanding my graphical knowledge base. The more I know, the better off I am. That won't necessarily make me any safer in this job market but it certainly gives me options.
    Eric said...
    Basically, I'm a little like the bear that went over the mountain. I'm not just doing this to SEE what I can see, but to DO and can do to BE better than I now am.

Post a Comment