Channel: Home | About

Larger View? Click Here

3Leaf-Final

This here is a webpage design, built entirely in Photoshop, except for the page title-- The font looked blotchy so I used Illustrator to get it smooth-lined. This is the result of yet another Photoshop tutorial, and this one has been very productive in that I've learned the use of quite a few tools with which I was "heretofore" unfamiliar.

I wish I could remember where I got the photo of the leafs so's I could give the photographer credit. Since I don't I've given credit in the footer to "the unknown photographer." And just to show you from where I started with this photo, take a gander at the original below...

I overlaid a progressively darker green over each successive leaf, and found middle ground for each leafs overlap to retain the transparency.

Anyway. I'm working hard to polish and strengthen my skills. There's not been a whole lot to do lately; the economy being what it is, but I've managed to stay busy by increasing my knowledge base. Next week however, there's a lot on my plate. A fullpage ad for a local magazine, two online contests, and a load of other mini-stuff.

Stay busy. That's the key.


On a personal note, I never thought designing a page like this would take a lot of time, but it did. I was, of course, slowed by attempting to follow the instructions of the tutorial, so I figure with a little practice I could produce pages like this far more quickly than this go-around.

Part two of the tutorial requires coding. I'll do that over the weekend and see if it validates. If it does, cool. If not, well, I can continue to do what I'm doing now and that's best expressed by the following...

"When all else fails... Experiment!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment