Channel: Home | About

Can't get away from this one song...

Still At Home, by Luna. It's a slow whistle stop of a song reminiscent of Shawn Colvin & John Leventhal. Driven by a simple drum riff and two guitars picking a melody by chord. It's not the lyrics that keep the song repeating. It's the guitars... lazy yet insistent... as if to say, 'you're not leaving til we've intaglioed our soul upon your own.'

Beautiful. Stark. Light the desert at twilight.

I've got a cold master and
She's gonna tell you,
She's gonna break my back with
A bit of amusement..."

--Luna



2 Comments:

  1. Dan Trabue said...
    Hi Eric, long time no harangue.

    Just dropping in to point out that you can hear a beautiful song (in my estimation) written and performed by my beloved son on my blog, if you are so inclined. You might actually enjoy it.

    From there you could also follow a link to my church blog to hear/read/watch sights and sounds from our Youth Day service yesterday, but you might find that less enjoyable.

    Peace.
    Eric said...
    Thanks Dan, I am ALWAYS happy to follow music links.

    Peace be with you as well.

Post a Comment