Channel: Home | About

E watched Paranormal Activity tonight. Paid 4.99 to Comcast OnDemand to watch, and simultaneously burn to DVD. This was one SCARY movie! I was totally freaked! I had to go online to assure myself that this movie was a fake.

Having done that [as well as taking a dose of GABA and 5HTP] I'll now be able to get some sleep.

Really! For a fake documentary I was on the verge of sleeplessness-- and I need all the sleep I can get going into this very long and tiresome week ahead.

About halfway through this movie I looked at my roommate and said, 'What that chick needs is Jesus! No way a demon's going to get the best of her with the Holy Spirit taking up residence!'

What made this movie so scary for me? I had the luxury of knowing nothing about the film prior to viewing. Even now knowing it's a fake, it's so well done it's still creeping me out.

2 Comments:

  1. KnotOnABlog said...
    Patty really liked that movie, and thought it was very disturbing (as did a good friend of ours). My sister thought it was okay; my brother-in-law thought it was stupid; and my nephew liked it, except for the ending.

    I can't think of many movies that have elicited such diverse responses from viewers.

    I had no interest, so I didn't go.
    Anonymous said...
    Ryan and I went to see this in the theatre. He had heard some about it beforehand but I was clueless walking into the darkness. This was a very disturbing movie. What bothered both of us the most was the thought of someone standing over someone else in their sleep. It's amazing how you can take something so innocent (as a fretting mother standing over a sick child) and make it so evil.

Post a Comment