Channel: Home | About

Beginning with 9/11, then the Iraq war, Terrorist strikes, and now Katrina, I have to say I am very fortunate in terms of career. Though I can't see myself still in television ten years from now, I am nonetheless thankful for where I am. Think about it, even had Katrina jogged northward when we expected her to, and made landfall at Panama City, then northward to Dothan... had such devastation destroyed businesses and lives in my city, I would still have a job. Many people in Louisiana, Mississippi, and S.W. Alabama can't say the same.

Working in Production at a television station, even if the storm knocked out radar, satellite, & microwave capability, there would still be a show to put on. The station would not cease operations just because our building, or equipment suffered damage. Our engineers would have us up and running in some capacity, albeit limited, in a day or two. Which makes me truly fortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment