Channel: Home | About

I've had a run-in with Layne before at NewsBusters. He one of those lib's who can't debate an issue without resorting to name-calling. He's always busting someone's chops, and it doesn't matter what the issue is. He just get's off on it. Every one of his screeds reeks of condescension. Here then is his response to a comment I left at NewsBusters. [For the full exchange follow the link at the end of this post]

Layne (not verified) Says:
October 11, 2005 - 18:10

"Personally, I'd like to see a system of compulsory service, like Israel's, instituted here: Right after graduation, or upon reaching one's 18th birthday it becomes mandatory to serve a minimum of 2 years in the military. "

Great one, jackass! You gonna see that your kids are required to do that, considering we're at war?

And I know you're not expecting your fellow cowards to back you up on that idea. That's why they're writing on blogs instead of "defending freedom." We on the left call them "Yellow Elephants" (adamantly defending a war they wouldn't be caught dead fighting).

That was a good laugh for the day, though. Thanks!

Hahaha...


Naturally, I had to respond. I wanted to avoid the name-calling, but... he started it. And I finished it.

ELAshley Says:
October 12, 2005 - 00:44

I enlisted 22 years ago. BD obviously enlisted. Why haven't you? Where's your excuse?

I've come across your screeds here before, Layne. All you manage to do here is bandy insults, without substance. Bray all you want like the "jackass" you are, nothing you say can touch me or anyone else here. You have proven yourself to be intellectually deficient, and unwilling to get your hands dirty, unless it's to paint silly protest signs that both denegrate the service honest soldiers have provided-- often in sacrifice, as well as demonstrate your ignorance of the niceties involved in maintaining our freedoms. But you'll laugh at that, and I don't care at this point. I already know who you are, and I'm content to thank the soldiers who do serve, in your name. You have what you have because of them.

16th century master stategist Miyamoto Musashi, wrote,

        "know the ways of all professions"

You mock what you don't understand, which, as any military man worth his salt will tell you, will get you killed. You should always attempt to know your enemy better than your enemy knows himself. Since you know next to nothing about what makes a conservative tick. You lose hands down, and you always will.

Beyond this comment you are not worth my time and effort to respond further. You sir, are a buffoon.

Finally, as promised, I would like to thank all of our service men and women, in the line of fire, in support of same, or at home tending families waiting for the safe return of loved ones. And Layne thanks you too. He'd do it himself if he... but then again, he wouldn't; which is why I'm doing it for him. Sometimes you have to lead these children by the hand.

Thank you all, and may God richly bless you.


Now, I'm quite sure Layne will respond. And as I stated in my response, "I don't care." I already know all I need to know about Layne. I just thought someone might get a kick out of the exchange.

If you want the whole context check out:
CBS Challenges Marine Recruit's Linking of 9/11 and Battle in Iraq

It's an interesting read.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    But EL you don't actually understand liberals, country-club republicans, nochristians, or liberal christians. You can't roleplay someone else's position in a devils advocate manner. You can't look beyond your prejudices to see that other humans can actually examine the same data as you and come to different conclusions. You see everyone who doesn't march in lock-step with your fundamentalist-christian-republican views as deluded sheep.
    Anonymous said...
    You can't know what I understand. And strangely, you seem think that just because one has come to a different conclusion, that that conclusion is somehow valid.

    Finally, "march in lock-step"? "deluded sheep"? That's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?

    Thanx for the comment.
    Anonymous said...
    But EL I do know what you understand. Through hours of discourse, you've never taken a devil's advocate position. You can't articulate the basic ideas that drive other ideologies. You can't put yourself in the position of a working-poor family that depends on welfare and section8 housing help for existence month-to-month. You can't grasp the ethical difficulties of a doctor faced with a young high-school girl that has had premarital sex and is now pregnant. Places like worldnetdaily and newsbusters have formed and given you opinions and you can't understand anyone who doesn't agree with you.
    Anonymous said...
    And if that's what you believe... that I don't understand, then you don't know me at all.

    Because I believe abortion to be fundamentally evil, doesn't mean I don't understand desperation. That I can't see myself in the position of the poor? You haven't known me that long. I have known quite well-- though not at present --how it feels to be dirt poor, and in need of a helping hand. I understand desperation quite well. As well, I understand the gratefulness one feels that help is, and should be, available. And I'm thankful it is. Even though many abuse that help.

    Again, your comment is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. My opinions are my own, even when they go against WorldNetDaily and NewsBusters... or agree with the DailyKos, and the HuffingtonPost.

    you, sir, only think you know me.

Post a Comment