Channel: Home | About

I received my order from Voice of the Martyrs this morning. A bracelet comprised of two interlocking bands; one tan, the other a dark moss. One band reads "HEBREWS 13:3"; the other, "BOUND WITH THEM".

For me, it's a way of reminding myself just how good I have it here in this country. Others of my brothers and sisters are suffering persecution-- even execution --for their faith. It reminds me to pray for them, ask God to comfort them, and give them strength. It is also a reminder that my faith is not without consequence; persecution takes many forms. Though I have not suffered up to now, there is nothing that says I will not suffer at some point in the future. There comes a time in everyone's life when one must take a stand... Choose a side. How ever weak I am, I have made mine.

"Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body."

--Hebrews 13:3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment