Channel: Home | About

The following bit of script caught my eye at the audio board this evening:

"...and Virginia authorities are looking for the person responsible for shooting two Mormons who were going door to door for their missionary work.

The two men were shot late last night at an apartment complex in Chesapeake.

21 year old Morgan Young of Utah died from his wounds this morning and fellow missionary member, 19 year old Joshua Heidbrink of Colorado, survived the attack.

Doctors say Heidbrink is in good condition.

Police would not give details of the shooting and are still looking for the person who committed the crime.

No word on a motive for the shooting..."


Aside from the knowledge that someone would actually walk up to two strangers and shoot them, what I find most sad is Mr. Young's death. Every death is sad, but sadder still is the death of someone who is not a Christian. Here was a young man who worked for the cause of his religion, when he could have been working for the cause of Christ.

What I find most shameful [and I do not forget my own shame in this] is the Church's seeming lack of interest in working in the fields. Jehovahs Witnesses and Mormons have no such problem; they are eager to do the work of their gods.

It is my prayer that God will have mercy on Morgan Young; that He will open Joshua Heidbrinks eyes to the truth before it is too late for him as well. I pray also that God will give me strength, and desire for the work these two missionaries should have been doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment