Channel: Home | About

This morning about 11am I noticed my right foot was numbing. Shortly thereafter I noticed a similar problem with my right hand, and an aching in the right upper arm. My blood sugar was 154 this morning... Not particularly good.

I knew I had to call in my prescriptions anyway, so after a call to Wal Mart, and a quick gobbling of the med I did have on hand I figured... "It'll pass."

I fixed some lunch: Roasted Salmon, and Miso soup-- fairly bland. Then decided to go see X-Men 3. Lower leg still tingling, with a popcorn [bad, bad, popcorn!] and a bottle of water, and a twix... Force of habit... A very bad habit. The theatre quickly fills, the movie begins, and 30 minutes later a wave of... Not sure how to describe it, but my chest fluttered, and I suddenly felt zapped of all my strength. This hasn't happened to me since last November. I've been a good boy, minding my peas and carrots. Well... A lot better than I had been.

So there I am. The theatres full. The movies cool. But then I'm thinking stroke. Numbness on only one side of my body... Even if it was only the hand and foot. so I get up and leave, not wanting to die in the middle of a crowded theatre.

I drove to Wal Mart, picked up my prescriptions and testing strips, and headed to the house. Blood sugar tested at 289. Boy am I freaked at this point... freaked and feeling like a dead sack of potatoes. So I take half a tab of Amaryl. 30 Minutes later, I tested again: 295, take another half tab of Amaryl, test blood pressure and heart rate. BP: 96/79, a little low; HR: 96, a little high.

I've spent much of the afternoon dozing and testing my blood. Last check at 9:30 I was at 174, still too high, but coming down. Tomorrow-- assuming I'm alive in the morning --I'll take a whole tab of Amaryl (normal daily dose is only 1/2) and watch the diet like a hawk.

The real problem here is, I know I can heal my body of the conditions that constitute diabetes, Type II. Diabetes is not a disease, but rather a laundry list of symptoms and conditions brought on by poor food choice. Nothing I've found online or in books has challenged this belief. I know exactly what causes diabetes, and I know exactly what I have to do to correct what's happening in my body, enough so my body can repair itself.

The problem, is will power. No artificial oils, period; complete saturation of 90 essential nutrients daily; large doses of Chromium, Vanadium, and Zinc. Eat fresh, and eat natural... Nothing processed, no partially hydrogenated oils, no simple sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup. No MSG, and no caffeine, which means no diet soda.

I will never be able to lose weight as long as I'm on my diabetes med, and as long as I'm on the med, I'll never corrected the problems inside. I am fearfully and wonderfully made, my body is designed to correct and fix itself, it in fact knows no other purpose but the maintenance and repair of itself.

I am my body's own worst enemy. If anyone out there is the praying kind, I would appreciate being added to yours... Specifically for strength of will, determination, and obedience.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for your prayers. May God richly bless you all.


ELAshley


P.S. It's now 141, and I'm so hungry I could eat 40 horses. But I won't. Firstly, I don't have any access to horses, and secondly, I'm afraid to eat at this point.


UPDATE 1: Monday, May 29, 10:39 AM
Blood sugar was 140 this morning. Took the meds (half tab), had a very small breakfast, and went for a walk. Began to feel bad again, so I tested the blood sugar again... 205. I just took the other half tab; I wait an hour an see if the blood sugar has gone down, but it would seem the Amaryl is no longer working. I hope this in not the case, and I hope this doesn't mean I'll need to begin taking insulin. That would make the cure much more illusive. Well, I have an appointment on the 1st with Dr. Johnson. We'll let him decide.


UPDATE 2: Monday, May 29, 12:54 PM
I tested again at 11:30: 166; better. Went back to sleep. It's time for some lunch, but honestly, I'm afraid to eat... but I will.. I've just tested again and my sugar is at 149; it's coming down. The real test will be to see how my body reacts to lunch: Roasted Salmon again, and a small salad, no dressing. Then I'll have to get ready for work. I should call in sick, but I won't... I have to get control of this. We'll see what happens after lunch. I may end up having to check myself into the hospital. I hope that won't be necessary.


UPDATE 3: Monday, May 29, 2:20 PM
I've just tested my blood sugar: 144; it's actually come down... not spiked... so perhaps the worst is over. Time will tell. I'll have to buy more testing strips tomorrow as I'm close to out (only 25 per pack, and only 6 left)... it's been a busy 24 hours. And God willing it's almost done.

3:45 PM -- Blood Sugar = 135... much better.
6:35 PM -- Blood Sugar = 89 ... Low end of normal range (80-120)
6:55 PM -- Dinner-- Tuna, peas, 2 deviled eggs
8:10 PM -- Blood Sugar = 109... Excellent
10:25 PM -- Blood Sugar = 126... Good

I'll test one more time before bed, but I believe I've got a handle on it now. Thanks everyone for your support.

11:50 PM -- Blood Sugar = 112... Excellent


UPDATE 4: Tuesday, May 30, 8:00 PM
Things seem to have gotten themselves back to where they should be, better in fact than what they were. That's only because of my serious lack of food yesterday, but I believe if I keep at the right foods, and not cheat as much as I had been, perhaps I'll finally get a handle on this. Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes. They are greatly appreciated.

8:00 AM -- Blood Sugar = 138... Fair, but a lot better than mornings have usually been.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I'm the praying kind, Brother, and I am praying for you today.

    I would also greatly appreciate it if, when you get these scary feelings, the fluttering chest, that you will give your doctor a call as well, my friend.

    I pray that God will heal your body, release your anxieties, give you peace in your body, soul and mind. Amen.
    Anonymous said...
    I hope it keeps improving El. Keep taking care of yourself. I'll be thinking about you.
    Anonymous said...
    Dern, EL!

    I'm out of it a day or two with a measley old stomach bug and you about CROAK!

    Prayers on the way, Mister!

    Take it easy for a day or two!
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks D, and thanks GP. Prayers are greatly appreciated.

    And God bless you all.

Post a Comment