Channel: Home | About

Tonight is Halloween, and BenT has been working hard on his "Haunt" as they say in his circle. He has spent almost a thousand dollars this year for corpses, fog machines, iron finials, tombstones, and various other supplies, all to turn his house into his neighborhood's premiere Halloween-night event. The Haunted Cemetery. Last year BenT staged a Haunted Forest. He actually planted dead trees in his front yard! THAT, people, is dedication, and the sign of a true believer.

This year a number of people at the station helped him on various projects. I was offered a project too, but-- I am ashamed to say --despite my word given, I was unable to even begin on it for all the other obligations I have. One month was just not enough time. So I'll work on it over the next twelve months and he'll have it for next year. And it'll be much better, design-wise, for the extended deadline.

I'm going out to his place before work to take pictures in the daylight-- I haven't seen it yet. Then I'll go out again after the Six to take some night-time photos. I'll post a few here as well.

Last Saturday, BenT arrived at the station on his night off dressed in his costume, which consisted of a professional-grade mask-- prosthetic pieces glued to his face; and it was genuinely creepy. It's one thing to see that kind of stuff on the TV screen but it's quite another to see it staring you right in the face.

It has been noted at the station that BenT likes Halloween far more than he does Christmas. To each their own. But I do remember last year's haunt, and for all I sometimes think his obsession just a wee bit strange, he takes it all seriously and it shows in the quality of his Halloween "Haunt-extravaganza".

I will be disappointed if this year's haunt does not surpass last year's.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Man, planting DEAD TREES?!?

    What devotion!
    Anonymous said...
    Pix, please!
    Anonymous said...
    Pix are on the way...

Post a Comment