Channel: Home | About

Turkey Broth: 1/2 Gallon, Organic

For Southern Style Cornbread Dressing--
      3 Turkey legs
      3 quarts of filtered spring water
      black pepper, sea salt, celery salt, and garlic
      --meat from turkey legs to be shredded
      and added to dressing

Cornbread: from organic meal and eggs

Cranberry Sauce: Whole Berry-- made with Stevia


What's next:

After work tonight, I'll have to cut and saute the vegetables for the dressing, and put together and bake the caserole. This way, the only things that have to go into the oven are the Turkey, Corn Pudding, and the second pie... first one's almost gone!

Speaking of which... I had a huge slice of pie last night for dinner, and was worried all evening about my blood sugar. At 11 last night I tested, and was pleased to see my score was 110! For reference, 80-120 is normal range. So! I intend to enjoy pie.

Did I say I intend to enjoy pie? Oh! and pie.

:)


4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Have a great Theankgiving, EL.

    We're pulling out in the early a.m. for the Volunteer State.
    Anonymous said...
    To you and yours as well. Travel safe brother.
    Anonymous said...
    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, EL!

    I'm glad, too, that you're doing well with the blood sugar. Diabetes runs in my dad's family a bit, as well as in the hubby's paternal side, so we both know from observance what a pain in the *ahem* posterior dealing with it can be.
    Anonymous said...
    Thank-you, I was able to gorge myself without killing myself. And it was all far more than mere 'tasty'... it was tre-lish.

Post a Comment