Channel: Home | About

Fodder for Pond'ring




We are none of us alone. Even as we exhale it is inhaled by others. The light that shines upon me shines upon my neighbor as well. In this way everything is connected to everything else. In this way I am connected to my friend even as I am connected to my enemy. In this way there is no difference between me and my friend. In this way there is no difference between me and my enemy. We are none of us alone.

--Life 1.8



Brother, I am proud to know you. This is one of the greatest moments I have ever experienced. I think I sense the situation when I say that we all esteem it an honour to breathe the rather inferior atmosphere of this station, here along with our little friend. I guess we shall all go home and treasure the memory of his face as the whitest thing in our museum of recollections. And perhaps this good woman will also go home and wash the face of our little brother here. I am inspired with a new faith in mankind. Ladies and gentlemen, I wish to present to you a sure-enough saint--only wants a halo, to be transfigured. Stand right up.

The Little Man
--John Galsworthy, 1867-1933



1 Comment:

  1. Erudite Redneck said...
    Hope you have a meaningful day of thanksgiving, dude.

Post a Comment