Channel: Home | About





we are not able to save souls


I never said we could. Winning is not the same as saving. The Israelites went out and fought, but the battle belonged to the Lord. THEY won because the battle was HIS. HE saves, not me. And THEN, only if the Holy Spirit has drawn the sinner.

Everything you said about how we are to live is correct. I do not find fault in it. Where I DO find fault is your naive belief that you are to make no effort to convert sinners. This is all the Apostles did in their ministries! THAT and turn babes into mature Christians! They preached the Gospel that sinners might believe and be saved from the penalty of their sins. Paul planted, others watered, but GOD GAVE THE INCREASE. How will a dying world be saved unless they hear the gospel? How can they hear unless someone is sent?

Peter, on the day of Pentecost, PREACHED, and about 3000 souls were "added unto" their number. In other words near 3000 people were saved... they became Christians.

Jesus even thanked His Father for His apostles' witness... BEFORE His crucifixion:

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word..."
--John 17:20

Why did Jesus thank His Father? Because of all those that would also "believe on [Him] through their word".... Souls being won for the glory of God!

As to this:

You almost certainly have not studied the Bible more than I have.


Irrelevant even if it's true. It's not a question of how long you had your nose in the book, it's a matter of how much you've absorbed.

These pointless, endless, arguments between you, ER, Ben, and myself have driven a lot of people away. I blame myself for that more than I do you or the others. Ms. Green is right to say I should not entertain these kinds of pointless arguments. They create strife between what unbelievers view as "brothers in Christ" when in fact it may not even be the case... its the appearance of strife that stifles whatever message I hope to get out; and not for myself, but for God. He's given me numerous gifts, and it is my responsibility to use them... WISELY... To HIS glory, not mine.

I'm not about to say nothing has sunk into your head, but I'm saying not enough has sunk in to make you an effective witness for Christ.

For if you think your only responsibility is "to act in ways reflecting the fruit of the Spirit," then you are mistaken. That IS a part of it, but Jesus said more than just "As you are going into the world, teach people the teachings that I have taught you," He was not so passive... He said "GO!" not "as you are going...." He said as well... AND I REPEAT...

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, BAPTIZING them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..."

And Baptism is ONLY for believers... for those who have repented of their sin, and accepted Jesus as their savior. THAT is the focus of the Church, from Jesus' own lips...

"And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled."

That God's house be filled.

The whole purpose of loving one another [He said this to His Apostles, not to the crowds] is so that the unbelieving world will see something different about Christians... so different that their message then becomes appealing... so appealing that they too might believe on Jesus and be saved.

You're big on following the teachings of Christ, so I now encourage you to go out into highways, byways, hedges, and holes, and compel everyone you meet to accept Jesus as their savior, that HIS house might be full. For God's sake, Dan, invite them to the wedding! For your sake as well! You'll be sorry that you didn't. Not to the loss of your salvation, but to reward. Trust me, you do not want to stand ashamed before the judgment seat of Christ... too many will. Please don't you be among them.

However harsh I may sound right now, I will love you no matter HOW you stand before the judgment seat of Christ. Just please make sure you're going to BR there.

All of you, now, go out and be a DOER of the word, and not just a hearer. Go out and make the Lord proud.


2 Comments:

  1. Eric said...
    I have nothing to add to this. Feel free to agree or disagree as you see fit. If a serious question arises I will attend to it.

    I have spoken the truth, and that's all that's expected of me.
    Ms.Green said...
    "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise." Proverbs 11:30

Post a Comment