Channel: Home | About

Spring Cleaning

Don't let the title fool you. Yes, I'm doing a little spring cleaning, but it's more complicated that the title suggests.

I brood. I mull. I take my time. I allow far too much to percolate, simmer, what have you. My point being, I've had a lot on my mind these last several months, and I'm finally getting around to dragging it all out into the light of day. Furthermore, I have neither the patience nor intention of being either orderly or polite. If you find yourself offended? Well, I can't concern myself with that at present.

Preliminaries out of the way, I must admit here and now that I am sick to death of just about everything "Blog," including my own. You shouldn't however construe that to mean that I intend to quit. All of this bores me to tears. And yet it takes up more time in my day to day than I can afford or allow... and yet... I do.

"Why is that?" I ask myself.

I guess I'm fascinated with stupidity. Not just in myself, but especially in others-- There are a few prime examples in my blog-roll. Beyond mere stupidity, I am especially fascinated by the astounding inability of far too many online bloggers to think for themselves. And what I mean by that is the appalling inability to present coherent arguments that are based on honest personal reflection, and not the parroted memes and distortions of "faction-handlers."

There is a truly fascinating glimpse into this kind of stupidity here. One commenter in particular seems incapable of making a single valid defense of the posts' content. We can all be thankful he's not a professional heckler. I can't imagine anyone being paid to be so inane. But then look at politics today.

Here's something that ticks me off to no end. Something that makes me so angry I'm having to struggle as I type to not inject the things I'd really like to say. Let me begin by saying, "Barack Obama." Now let me add to that: "Obama Supporters." There is so much deceit, myopia, out-right blindness, and evil rhetoric involved in this man's campaign it surprises me that so few actually see it. And it pisses me off that the perpetrators are allowed to get away with it.

As things stand right now no one can say anything negative about Obama without idiots calling you a racist. Obama spends twenty years in the congregation of a hate-filled preacher, but we're racist if we draw attention to it. Obama can associate with an unrepentant terrorist bomber, but we're racist if we draw attention to it. We're not down with the Black Man's struggle. Well, I wasn't down with Hitler's "Kampf" either, but that doesn't make me a bigot.

Jeremiah Wright can get up in front of the Press Club Ballyhoo, and in front of Chris Wallace and make ridiculous statements about Farrakhan not being the one who 'put chains on me,' or put him in 'a colored man's skin' but if I point out that I didn't do it either, I'm an insensitive racist. Might I also throw a little gas on that fire by pointing out that neither Wright nor Farrakhan were ever slaves? That no one ever put them in chains? That the color of their skin is God's doing, and not any white man alive today? Or ever?

But pointing this out makes me a racist.

Very soon Denmark's major cities will have a Muslim majority. What happens when the Muslims institute Sharia Law in Denmark? Dhimmitude for Danes with a long ancestral history in Denmark? Rapes of Danish whites by Muslim men are all but excused because to draw attention to the difference in culture is to be "insensitive." We mustn't offend the Muslims. We mustn't offend the Blacks. We mustn't offend anyone who may, by our very presence, be offended. How far do we take this doctrine of Educational/Indoctrinal Multiculturalism crap? At what point do we stand up and say, "NO! This is wrong!"

How long do we suffer idiots who can't even read the clear and concise English of Romans 1? If we publicly state that God abhors homosexuality we are called bigots, hate-mongers, homophobes. We are accused of Hate Speech for saying anything even remotely unflattering to something the Bible calls an abomination. The same idiots will chastise us for being unloving, and unwelcoming... unChrist-like. But no one has said homosexuals aren't allowed church, that they are not to be loved and welcomed. But at what point does anyone wear out their welcome in church? ANYONE? When they continue in their sin and are publicly and defiantly unrepentant. The church is a place to worship, THE Church is a body of believers dedicated to worshiping God and spreading the Gospel. Homosexuals are unwelcome in church if they believe they can continue to be homosexual while simultaneously claiming to be Christian. But I'm a homophobe and "unChrist-like" for saying as much.

The world is fast becoming a desolate wasteland of evil. It's in everything we watch on television. Even the shows I like. It's even on TBN and INSP. Few religious shows are on the doctrinal up and up. Everyone has their own version of the Gospel. Oprah and televangelists alike are steering the church toward heresy and apostasy; the salt has lost its savor. The Dollar is plunging, the Euro is rising, and our leaders are deliberately and inexorably guiding America toward globalization; i.e., world government. Bush Sr and Bill Clinton are in on it. Bush Jr is in on it. Europe is rising swiftly in world dominance. China all but owns the U.S. as it holds much of our debt. "Real ID" goes into effect next year here in the U.S. 2011 in Great Britain. The world is filled with violence. FILLED with violence... with evil imaginations too many to chronicle.

I will never tire of defending the truth of God's word from the lies and warped distortions of idiots and liars, but I am already tired of both the idiots and the liars. Just as I am tired of people who support Barack Obama because he is black, while accusing me of racism because I don't like his politically vacuous and ill-formed policies. I'm tired of people whose best rejoinder is, "ROFL! Says you!"

With few exceptions, no ones using their brain's. No one can think for themselves, relying on others to tell them what the politician said/ what the Bible said/ what events in the news mean. With few exceptions, no one is willing to invest personal effort toward deciphering the signs of the times, and the meaning of portents, let alone the convoluted rhetoric and genuine intent of politicians.

I am tired of stupidity. Stupidity gets communities ired/ gets people killed/ gets nations overthrown.

The level of ignorance in America today is astoundingly evident. To anyone with head on shoulders, as opposed to.....

And no, I'm not even remotely finished.


10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    So your spring cleaning is you extolling how everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, and you by contrast are smart and right.

    Make sure not to sprain your arm patting yourself on the back.

    And when you get through talking about how everyone lets their positions be manipulated and fed to them, tell me why your current political topics seem strangely in coincidence with conservative message meisters like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

    These stories about Obama's acquaintances and advisiors are because when you turn to serious issues like the war in Iraq or the U.S. economy, conservatives have no ideas or proposals to counter with.

    Andrew Sullivan is a rabid Obama supporter, and sees his candidacy in terms of the post-boomer generation. I'm not willing to go that far, but I can say that I don't care who the Weather Underground was. The policies and issues that drove those individuals are not relevant to today's nation. We have much more pressing problems, why can't conservatives focus on Obama's position on those?
    Anonymous said...
    I have the same feelings that you do, EL. It is pretty evident that there are those who will not see the light. They will continue to place their hopes in the political leaders and wake up too late. Mom2
    Eric said...
    Thank you Ben. Seriously though, YOUR arguments, at least, are thoughtful.
    That I disagree with them much of the time says only that I disagree... not that I think YOU are a dim bulb.

    Thanks Mom.
    Eric said...
    1) "everyone who disagrees with you is stupid,"

    No, I said, "I guess I'm fascinated with stupidity. Not just in myself, but especially in others-- There are a few prime examples in my blog-roll."

    I don't exclude myself, and I said "a few" in my blog-roll, and "far too many online-bloggers. That can't hardly be construed as "everyone."

    2) "tell me why your current political topics seem strangely in coincidence with conservative message meisters"

    I'm conservative. I get my news from the same sources you do... the internet, radio, network news. People naturally gravitate to voices that echo what is already in the heart and mind of the listener. That doesn't mean that you or I, either one, take marching orders from the men and women we listen to. For others, sadly, this is simply not the case.

    More to come. Gotta go.
    Edwin Drood said...
    Q:"why can't conservatives focus on Obama's position"

    A:becuse he doesn’t have one

    All of his positions just point to vague "agendas" Look at his website. There is nothing but plans to make plans.

    If a candidates says their plans is to develop a strategy, agenda or something like that then that means they don’t know.

    We’re still waiting for the Dems "strategy" from 2006 to lower gas prices.
    Eric said...
    I agree, Obama's positions are as solid as shifting desert sand; and that better describes his lack of stated coherent position. His policies are mere mirage. Obama HAS no position, but he is very good at expending words that convey little to no real meaning.

    Just as the emperor had no clothes, the "hopeful audacitor" has no coherent-- let alone competent and honest --declared policy.
    Anonymous said...
    Really EL? Did you go to his website and look? Because I did and under the issues button I found a lot of categories with fairly solid plans. Under Foreign Policy the first section deals with Iraq:

    # Bring Our Troops Home: Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.

    # Press Iraq's leaders to reconcile: The best way to press Iraq's leaders to take responsibility for their future is to make it clear that we are leaving. As we remove our troops, Obama will engage representatives from all levels of Iraqi society – in and out of government – to seek a new accord on Iraq's Constitution and governance. The United Nations will play a central role in this convention, which should not adjourn until a new national accord is reached addressing tough questions like federalism and oil revenue-sharing.

    # Regional Diplomacy: Obama will launch the most aggressive diplomatic effort in recent American history to reach a new compact on the stability of Iraq and the Middle East. This effort will include all of Iraq's neighbors – including Iran and Syria. This compact will aim to secure Iraq's borders; keep neighboring countries from meddling inside Iraq; isolate al Qaeda; support reconciliation among Iraq's sectarian groups; and provide financial support for Iraq's reconstruction.

    # Humanitarian Initiative: Obama believes that America has a moral and security responsibility to confront Iraq's humanitarian crisis – two million Iraqis are refugees; two million more are displaced inside their own country. Obama will form an international working group to address this crisis. He will provide at least $2 billion to expand services to Iraqi refugees in neighboring countries, and ensure that Iraqis inside their own country can find a safe-haven.


    It's not a fifty page brief with timetables and logistics, but it is enough me and you could discuss if you wanted to argue in good faith. Also in that section were bullet points addressing Iran, Israel, Nuclear Proliferation. And other sections dealt with the economy and the the environment.

    John McCain seems to have a similarly set up website. Why don't you read some of these policy proposals and start thinking about those? That would be an original, useful discussion.
    Erudite Redneck said...
    Very ranty. Hope you feel better! :-)
    Al-Ozarka said...
    "I have the same feelings that you do, EL. It is pretty evident that there are those who will not see the light. They will continue to place their hopes in the political leaders and wake up too late."- Mom2

    And...they will continue to cover-up and defend the racism, bigotry, and anti-Americanism that pervades the Democrat Party.
    Edwin Drood said...
    bent, read what you posted:

    "Press Iraq's leaders to reconcile"

    hmm no specifics?


    "Bring Our Troops Home"
    no he won't. Just liket he Dems didn't in 06



    "Obama will launch the most aggressive diplomatic effort "

    an effort is not a thing


    "Obama will form an international working group to address this crisis"

    why so he can shift blame for pulling out too soon to them?
    form a working group!!
    how bold!!

    Way to prove my point Bent.

Post a Comment