Channel: Home | About

This film received horrible reviews, but then what do I care? I don't pay attention to reviews. I know what I like. I have been fooled before, but that wasn't the case here. Transformers 2 was two and a half hours long and at no point was I ever bored. In fact, the movie was over before I could honestly account for those two and a half hours.

In short, a great film, I will definitely buy this when the DVD is released. The only question I have now is... How long do I have to wait for Transformers 3?


On a side note/plot point.

Michael Bay must not be an Obama fan. Or if he is, he doesn't mind taking heavy pot-shots at him.

Right after the opening sequence an Obama-bot policy wonk arrives at the debriefing and begins to act like a typical liberal pansy know-it-all-- on the scene by Obama's order --who later shuts down the Autobots, by Obama's express command. This film takes delight in casting this man as a first class A-hole, who hasn't a clue about what he's gotten involved in.

So how do I know this guy's an Obama-wonk? Well, the film make express reference to "President Obama" being flown to a secure location somewhere in the midwest-- I couldn't fault Obama [even a fictitious movie Obama] running for ground. After all, a bunch of giant robots duking it out in awesome urban death matches? Best to keep the leader of the free world out of the way, lest he become so much toe jam..

Final analysis? I'd pay to see this movie again, and I did NOT pay matinee price on this one.

Saw a lot of kiddies with their parents, but there was way too much sexuality and crude jokes and imagery for the kiddies... in MY estimation. Too much foul language. I'd prefer ZERO JC's and GD's. If I had kids, I would have been embarrassed for them to see and hear those things, even in the context of a fun evening at the movies.


3 Comments:

  1. BenT - the unbeliever said...
    I agree with you about the language. A lot of the expletives were unnecessary.

    But for me the film was ho-hum, only average at best. I mean why is it whenever the transformers change the become all beaten and rusted up? And what's with those two really bad stereotype "hommies"?

    For me the movie had so many explosions and shaky camera moves that it was like an epileptic seizure. And I continually had trouble telling the three main villain decepticons apart. And where did this sudden teleporting ability come from and what point did the terminator seductress play? And was there really a need for the government ass hole?

    For me it was a mishmash. Lots of bright lights and special effects but an uncompelling story.
    Edwin Drood said...
    I saw it and liked it. It was much better than the first one. I don't have high plot expectations when watching a movie about a toy I enjoyed as a kid.

    Non-stop action, new characters and a much tuffer Optimus Prime.
    -------------------

    And this time the Decepticons wern't trying to steal a par of glasses they could have just bought on ebay.
    Lindsay said...
    Agree about the language and the Anti-Obama remarks. I was shocked.

    I did not like this one as much as the first one.

    I thought Megan Fox looked MUCH BETTER in the new one.

    For an action movie I thought it was great. There were many plot holes, pointless characters, and I thought the diolgue in the first was smart, clever and witty...this one felt like forced comedy.

    I was disapointed (plus the person next to me kept inching over into my space).

    Special effects were awesome.

    Deus Ex Machina --- WAY overused...

    I was expecting more. I think the Obama comments made up for a lot of the plot gaps though.

Post a Comment