Channel: Home | About

I love Minecraft. I guess it would be better to say it's an obsession. To some this might seem a benign object with which to be obsessed, but to my wife-- "Are you still building that wall?" --it's a complete waste of time. And I agree. It is a waste of time, but that doesn't mean I love it any less.

I love to create things, build things, paint, write, what-have-you things. And there really isn't anything wrong with that, provided something 'solid' is actually achieved... something tangible.  A painting or a poem, for instance, are tangible things; paintings can be duplicated and the prints sold. Poems, too, can be compiled into book-form and sold. And that's money in the hand. But games like Minecraft, or Halo, or Call of Duty... these pursuits put nothing in your hand. You're basically digging a hole to no purpose.

Building an online business, however, CAN pay off, and will if you don't quit, and you invest time and effort, and reinvest a percentage of your earnings back into your business. I'll continue to sneak in thirty minutes to an hour of Minecraft now and then, but my focus now has to be in climbing out of holes.... not digging them.

My number one goal in life is to live a life worthy of Jesus. Period. Next comes, providing for my wife. She expects certain things of me every bit as much as Christ expects specific things of me. I fall flat on my face often... every day in fact. It's impossible that I could live perfectly... He knows it, and my wife should know it. But I have to be seen doing something constructive to not only provide for my wife and I, but also to provide for the work He has for me. Is Marketing where He really wants me? probably not, but I'm willing to try almost anything right now if it will allow me to rise above sea-level financially. I'm told I need to have faith, but it's hard to have faith when you everything you have is being ripped from your hands trying to make ends meet in THIS economy. And I'm getting very tired of treading water.

One also needs a few signposts along the way to insure he doesn't get lost, or can't find his way back to center. In Minecraft it's VERY easy to get lost on the surface. The horizon fades out very quickly the further afield you go; the graphics engine can keep up with all the terrain. So what I've resorted to doing is building obelisks... very, very tall obelisks, like the Washington monument in D.C. This way I can keep my bearings and know which direction to the last place something wonderful was built. In marketing, it's always a good idea to know where you started, and the many signposts along the way to anywhere you find yourself. It's easier to go back, see what worked, and re-plot your present course... doing what you know has already achieved results.

It take vision to build anything worthwhile. The ancient Egyptians had it, Rome had it, and Early American settlers and our founders had it.


With a clear and focused vision, it's impossible to get lost.


Do you have a vision for your future? Why not check out the Empower Network. Where else will you make 100% commissions in a growing company? Watch the video above and take that first step toward your vision of the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment